Autumn Wardrobe Inspiration

Hello!  Today I'm going to do a post that I've been planning ever since I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte which, in fact, signified the first official day of Fall.  ;)  When planning my wardrobe from season to season, I don't completely change it out, but I start by choosing some colors/patterns that I would like to add to what I already have.  These are colors that I personally like and that I have began taking note of and adding to my wishlist.  This season, my color palette consists of mustard, navy, denim/chambray, leather, gingham & nautical-inspired.

One of the biggest factors for me when compiling inspiration for my closet is practicality.  I have a relatively small budget for clothes, (my only job being babysitting every other week or so :)  so I've learned to mix + match my clothes.  It's really fun thinking up new ways to use your old stuff and incorporate a few new things.  Also, one of my clothing rules is that I must be able to wear each piece with more than two other pieces.  This allows me to have tons of options without having tons of clothes!  Here are some reasons I chose what I chose for my color palette...
  • Mustard – Mustard is one of those colors that just seems to say fall.  I often tip my hat to the pretty leaves during this time of year.  Mustard is one of those leaf-y colors.  :)  I love it because it can give a neutral outfit a pop of color without overwhelming it.  I also like it because it goes well with my other favorite colors: navy, sailor stripes & denim. 
  • Navy – Navy is one of my top most-worn colors.  It's as practical as black and can be dressed up or down.
  • Denim / Chambray – Denim is another fall staple for me.  There are sooo many ways to wear it  – shirt, pants, jacket, the list goes on.  Chambray seems like a more polished twist on the old staple; it can also be worn fancy or casual.  
  • Leather – I like to use leather as an accent, whether it's a skinny belt over a top, a pretty purse, or boots.  I especially like the caramel-colored leather that's becoming more popular.  A little leather accessory can take an outfit to the next level.
  • Gingham – I didn't really think of gingham as a closet item until recently when I found that awesome dress up there and found this outfit here.  (similar dress here).  Now I can't wait to get some in my closet!  If you go with the black + white version, it's also very practical.  ;)  That black and white one up there would look so cute with a mustard sweater over it.  
  • Nautical – One of the things I've fallen in love with this year are sailor stripes.  You know, the white and navy stripes?  I absolutely loooove it!  I'm super excited to work on adding more to my closet.  
Well, that wraps up today's inspiration post!  I had such a fun time planning and blogging this.  I'm going to try and make this a post I do every season.  Here are the links for the items in the collage above.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.  Have a great day!  xo, Ella

0 comments:

Post a Comment