Musings

Hi!  Fall's my favorite season, so it's no doubt that I'm enjoying the cooler days, darker mornings, pretty colors and lattes.  School has been taking me till or after supper every day, which has really been super hard.  It's taught me to turn to God every day and give Him everything that's weighing me down. 

My dad and brother and I started a tradition of going to Starbucks every Saturday morning at about 6:30 and reading a book called Knowing God.  It's about knowing God for who He is and for what He did.  It talks about building a firm relationship that's not just like, oh, yeah, I know about God.  But rather, it's an intimate relationship with the Creator of the universe.  There have been parts of that book that have stopped me in my tracks and I just have to sit and think about them for a while.   Things that I've heard before, but that are said in a way that makes them relevant and mind-blowing.  Here's an example:

"There is, however, equally great incentive to worship and love God in the thought that, for some unfathomable reason, He wants me to be His friend, and desires to be my friend, and has given His Son to die for me in order to realize this purpose."

Isn't that awesome?  For some unfathomable reason, God wants me to be His friend.  Amazing.  I heard a song a few days ago that had this verse:  "Love is and always was the longing placed inside my heart to know You and be known by You."  This song is "The Longing"  by All Sons and Daughters.  I just thought I'd share some of my thoughts this morning. 


 Have a nice weekend!  xo, Ella


0 comments:

Post a Comment